Furniture & Accessories

Furniture gutted in BMC’s zonal office

Staff Reporter,

Furniture worth Rs 1 lakh was gutted in a fire that broke out at the office of Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Mangalwara on Sunday late evening. Important documents kept in the room of Zone Chairman also turned into ashes in the fire incident.

The incident took place at the office of Zone number 4, located at Mangalwara at around 8 pm. According to sources, the fire broke out due to short circuit in the room of Zone office located at the second floor of the building. The fire was later doused by two fire fighters pressed into service on receipt of information.

The fire caused damage to the furniture only and no official papers or any other document related to wards were damaged in the fire. According to ward officer, Amit Tiwari, the fire was caused by short circuit, but no other damage was done except for the furniture in the office of Zone Chairman Sanjeev Gupta. The area remains crowded in normal days and it was Sunday that the rescue work was carried out easily.

[“source=thehitavada”]